In this brilliant presentation of Any Card At Any Number, Boris uses a spectator's birth date as the chosen number, adding a strong personal connection to the impact of the trick.
A prediction deck is introduced before the effect starts and remains in its card case. A first spectator names her birth date (or freely names ANY number 1-52). It really is a free choice.
A second spectator freely names ANY playing card. Again, NO restrictions, it's a totally free choice.
A THIRD spectator takes the cards and counts down to the chosen number.
THE CARD ALWAYS MATCHES THE THOUGHT-OF CARD.
- No sticky cards
- No rough and smooth
- No short cards
- No table needed
- No sleights
- No memorized deck or mnemonic work
- No mental calculations to learn.
- No formulas or sequences to remember
On this jam-packed video, FISM champion Boris Wild teaches his coveted method for one of the most powerful card effects in history.
When Boris first presented ACAAB to the magic community, it was quickly recognized as one of the best methods for the "Any Card At Any Number" plot.
Things to note:
- Card is always revealed at the exact named number
- The performer does not touch the cards. He does not even open the card case. The spectator does everything.
- No stooges involved and no "pre-show work". No assistants required at all
- Can be performed on stage, stand-up, close-up and even walk-around
- Cards can be freely handled by the spectator
- Can be repeated with a different number and a different card each time
- Uses a NORMAL deck of cards
- Can be performed by ANYONE
- Resets in seconds
- Memorized Deck ideas.
- Use the ACAAB method to perform a HIGHLY entertaining version of the classic “Any Card At Any Number” plot.
- Ideas on using a Marked Deck vs “regular” Decks.
- What to do if they name the top card or the bottom card.
- Versions using a topit or a gimmicked jacket.
"I think Boris' solution for the ACAAN is without question the most brilliant, practical, and stunningly devious method I've ever seen. This routine fooled me completely- I was dead in the water from the get go."
- Jack Carpenter
“I think it's a fantastic real-world method. I really wish I'd seen you do it before I read it. I'm guessing I would have been really fooled. Your method is diabolical and completely practical, and you are to be congratulated.“
- Mac King
“Your Any Card At Any Number is the best one I have ever seen. It is so good. It's clean and direct. Really ANY card at ANY number. The conditions are the best!“
- Henry Evans
“I cannot imagine a more practical, surefire, easy-to-do method for this fabled effect. Truly, Boris has nailed the ACAAN effect.“
- John Bannon
“One of the best solutions I have ever seen. You should be proud!“
- Simon Aronson
“ACAAB is the best solution to this classic problem. It is very direct and easy to perform, requiring no memory work. The birthday angle makes the routine more personal to the spectator. ACAAB is my choice. What's not to like?“
- Dan Garrett
- George Schindler
“We are talking here about clever and cunning magic at its highest degree... In this field, people like Paul Fox or Vernon would have loved the subtleties... On top of that, the production is superb.“
- Gaetan Bloom
“It is fantastic. Well done on a great thinking and routine. Beautifully structured.“
- Michael Vincent
“Another superbly thought out and ingenious Boris Wild product. Stop looking for the ACAAN 'Holy Grail' and start performing this.“
- Jon Allen
“Boris' ACAAB is a marvel of ingenuity; it is simple, direct, very effective, the conditions are idyllic, and it works as well on stage as in stand-up or even cocktail conditions.“
- Vincent Hedan
“Wild has created a solid, real-worker's solution to this "Holy Grail" plot. (...) Aside from being simple yet devious in execution, A.C.A.A.B. is also very well structured, with a nice personal hook - the spectator's birthday - that makes the piece charming as well as amazing.“
- Francis Menotti
“ACAAB is a clever, entertaining routine with a method that is astonishing.“
- Matthew Field, The Magic Circular
“There is a great deal of subtle thinking behind the method - a different approach than many of the more commonly seen methods currently in use.“
- Jamy Ian Swiss, GENII Magazine
"I like what he's done here with the method and feel like this is a very workable version of the plot. If you're a fan of the Any Card At Any Number plot then this book will be a nice addition to your magic library.“
- Luke Dancy
- Product Demo